Google Analytics is the best way to know how your audience is interacting with your website. Google Analytics provides this information for FREE. Below we will share how to create a Google Analytics account for your business and install it onto your WordPress site using a simple plugin (step by step).
How To Create A Google Analytics Account
If you don’t already have a Google Analytics account, you can easily create one for free on the Google Analytics website!
- Click here to go to Google Analytics. Note: If you have a Google account, and are not signed in, click Sign in. If you do not have a Google account, click Create an account.
- Once you have signed in to your Google account, click Access Google Analytics.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- From the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement that opens, click I Accept.
How To Install Google Analytics In WordPress
There are multiple ways to install Google Analytics in WordPress. Today I will be showing you the easiest way to add Google Analytics to WordPress by using a plugin called Google Analytics for WordPress by Monsterinsights.
- The first thing you need to do is install and activate the MonsterInsights plugin.
- After activating the plugin, a new menu item will be added to your WordPress Dashboard called Insights. Click Insights > Settings.
- Select Authenticate with your Google Account. Here you will be redirected to Google accounts and asked to login. Enter your detail and click Next to continue.
- Next you will be asked to allow MonsterInsights to access your account, click Allow to continue.
- Finally, select the profile you want to track. You need to select your website here and then click on the ‘Complete authentication’ button to continue. You will now be redirected back to your WordPress Site.
One of the reasons I have decided to show you how to install Google Analytics by using a plugin is because you can view your Analytics report inside your WordPress dashboard. Simply visit Insights > Report to see a quick overview of your analytics data.
Hope this post helped you install Google Analytics on your WordPress Site. Please get in touch with Seven Sands if you need help.